The spiritual life is all about going deeper. But how to begin? As we develop Pace, courses, resources, events and other materials will be published right here! In the meantime, check out our Going Deeper downloads… at home, at work, on the train… in iso!
- Contemplation: Going Deeper
- Action: Going Deeper
- Movies & TV Shows: Going Deeper
- Podcasts: Going Deeper
- Websites: Going Deeper
- Digital Prayer: Going Deeper
What is cenTered?
cenTered is a new meditation group based on centering prayer, where the main concept is to create a space where a short reflection and/or prayer is read and a bell is sounded to lead into a time of silence (around 20 minutes). This allows for time to be in the presence of The Divine, in a beautiul natural setting amongst nature itself.
People are free to stay after for a chat or to simply leave in silence. If you are unable to make it on time, or can only stay for a little while, please be mindful of the sacred space and quietly make your comings and goings.
What to bring?
Mat, rug or fold up chair.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Asta (0425 844 585).
Pace Community’s October Retreat is now open for registrations!
LIVING A CONTEMPLATIVE PRESENCE
Keen to learn more about Pace and the contemplative life but not sure where to start? Check out this fascinating interview with Pace Companion, Marie Thompson. Marie has decades of experience as a contemplative, spiritual director, counsellor, theologian and Past President of the Australian Ecumenical Council for Spiritual Direction. Daniel and Marie discuss four key questions they encounter regularly in their work with those on the spiritual journey:
- What is a contemplative presence?
- Why live a contemplative presence?
- How do you nourish a contemplative presence in daily life?
- What do you see as the relationship between spirituality and peace?
REFLECTION QUESTIONS FROM MARIE…
- What keeps you from lingering with your experience?
- If you lived a more contemplative presence in your life what would be different?
- How would you be different?
- When are you most authentic?